The few weeks that I've been home from school have been very sun-shiney. Now, there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, for the first week or so, it was blissful. I tanned and sweated and reveled in the perfect weather that California is so often associated with.
But, at the risk of using a '50's colloquialism, I'm a rain doll. I love the rain. Be it the frigid downpours that come with the winter, or the rare, warm summer monsoon, to me: rain = love.
And there has been an unforgivable lack of it, in my opinion, especially considering that most of the rest of the country is getting torrential tempests right now.
Texas has gotten pummeled with over a foot of rain in the last week. Not that I want to be flooded or that I want anyone to drown, but I was more than slightly jealous.
I love rain! I can't say it enough. There's something so intrinsically joyful about dashing into a downpour, fully clothed, dancing and singing with all one's might, especially if one has an umbrella to twirl around, Gene Kelly-style. =)
Then, of course, there's the peace of standing still in the rain, face upturned to the clouds, and letting the rain wash over every inch of you, soaking you completely. It's so cleansing, so refreshing. And God seems so much closer in the midst of a storm. There's nothing quite like it.
All this to say, I really want some rain!


No comments:
Post a Comment